Question about Decreasing
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Hi -- Could someone advise regarding decreasing stitches in the knitted hat? I have completed the length to where I need to start to decreasing, and I am wondering what kind of decreasing stitch to use. In the past, I always k2tog to decrease, but this web page seems to say that k2tog creates a slant toward the right side. Should I k2tog on the left side of the hat but use a different technique such as slip-slip-knit (SSK) on the right side?

Thanks for any advice, and I apologise if this is not the correct forum for a question.

Mark

(P.S. I guess responses could go either here as a comment or on my ravelry page as a message. My email account is at gmail and my username is chollapete if you want to email me directly. Thanks!)
 
posted by Mark Twenhafel at 10:01 AM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At January 20, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer

I just did the same K2tog decrease all the way around--if I recall, other hat patterns I've done have told me to use that decrease exclusively. So I think you should be fine just doing the one, but I haven't ever tried pairing the decreases, so I can't say if it's better or not.

 

At January 20, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Blogger Mark Twenhafel

Thanks, Jennifer. That sounds like a good idea. Thanks.