Felted Mitten Adventure - Part 2
Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OK, so I frogged the first mitten because I made a complete mess of it. Oslofia very kindly took another look at the pattern and worked it out so it made better sense to me and my newbie brain. I gave it another go, felted it and GOOD GRIEF! Not only did the two mittens come out different sizes, but they were too small! UGH!


Sooooooooooo, at the end of the CAL, I'm going to give these mittens another go. I just want to make sure I have enough yarn.


I also think I'm gonna try to find an unfelted mitten pattern, which I think will make me breathe easier. There's nothing worse than not having a project come out the way you planned.


On another, happier note, I redid the headband (increased to 13 scs), and it felted quite well. My daughter, Alli, loves it and, after I remake the HK motif to fit better, I'll show it off. I think I'll put some of my glass buttons on my first effort. Again, I'll show the finished product.


Well, Oslofia, dare I ask what the last pattern is? Since I had less than perfect results with the first two, I'm a little hesitant to try this third pattern. However, I'm nothing if not daring, so bring it on!


Blessings,

Leslie
 
posted by Anonymous at 3:53 PM | Permalink


0 Comments: