My Finished Headband - Sort of......
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Gosh, I think I've taken the term "obsession" to a new level. If you could have been a fly on the wall why I was crocheting this piece, you would still be laughing.

The headband was a very quick crochet. However, I flunked Felting 101 on this project because, even though I'm felting in a top loader, it came out alot thinner than I wanted. Therefore, my motif didn't fit. I've decided to wait to see if I have enough yarn left at the end of the CAL to make another one, definitely wider and probably unfelted (I don't trust myself to do the same thing twice!).

I'm positive that my motif took longer to make than the headband (and this is where the laughing comes in). Gosh! I made the first one, and the ears came out all wonky, which really ticked me off. So, I grabbed a smaller hook and gave it another try. And, like Goldilocks, it was "too small!" so, this afternoon, I was determined to make a non-wonky "just right" motif. Well, the head and ears came out ok, although it buckled slightly in the middle. The crazy part, however, was embroidering the eyes, nose and whiskers on. Sheesh! You'd think I'd know how to embroider something, ya know? But noooooooooooooooooooo! I pulled the nose out 3 times and the eyes out another 3 times. The whiskers took 2 shots. Instead of a felt flower, I found a cute little 5 petal flower pattern online and put that together. All my motif needs now is a small orange button for the center of my flower. Only then will I call this baby done!

I'm looking forward to part 2 - Mittens! I must confess that I've never made mittens before. Should I be scared? Naaaaaaaaaah - I'll be so obsessed with making them both the same size that I won't have time to be scared.

OK, fellow crocheters and knitters, let's see your FO's!


Blessings,
Leslie
 
posted by Anonymous at 2:54 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At January 3, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Blogger Oslofia

I see that you have struggeled a bit, but the finished headband looks nice :)

Good luck with the mittens :)

 

At January 6, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Blogger wnik

Nice!!! Good on you for perservering. Looove the little flower, can you post a link to the pattern pleeeease.